Can anyone tell me why I can make a call from my cell phone to Hawaii with no problem but when I try to make a call from Swansea, SC my phone has no service. Are there towers across the ocean to the islands?
After some intense research, I have decided that Ben's answer makes the most sense. I could not find anything that explains how the signal crosses the ocean. It appears that a cell phone tower does not send a signal very far so there must be some sort of relay system that crosses the ocean. But basically, questionoftheday.gov has stumped itself on this occasion.
Swansea has not yet received the electricity much less the telephone.
ReplyDeleteAfter some intense research, I have decided that Ben's answer makes the most sense. I could not find anything that explains how the signal crosses the ocean. It appears that a cell phone tower does not send a signal very far so there must be some sort of relay system that crosses the ocean. But basically, questionoftheday.gov has stumped itself on this occasion.
ReplyDelete