Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15th, 2010

Please post any questions that you have for us today.

5 comments:

  1. Where was the first French settlement in South Carolina located and in what year was it settled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is a cat's tongue so much different then a dog's tongue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There appears to be little response from the all-knowing bloggers...I think they could very well be stumped!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney. Your question took some research. I believe that Paris Island was the first french settlement in South Carolina and it was formed in 1562. Good question. At questionofthedaydotgov we are always happy to answer a south carolina related question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura. I thought you had a good question too. Animal related questions are always welcome. A cat's tongue is rough because of many tiny hooks that form on the tongue. The rough tongue is for removing flesh from bone as well as grooming. A cat's rough tongue also helps with drinking water. A dog has a smooth tongue because it relies on people to remove the flesh from the bone for it and because a dog is the whore of the animal kingdom.

    ReplyDelete